Why Form a Corporate Advisory Council?
The Endocrine Fellows Foundation (EFF) recognizes that industry plays an important and valued role in the support of education and research of physicians in diabetes and endocrinology. These activities assist clinicians and researchers with finding ways to enhance the quality of life for patients dealing with endocrine related medical issues. Trainees in fellowship programs often have little or no access to these educational opportunities due to institutional restrictions and regulations.
The EFF Corporate Advisory Council (CAC) provides a unique opportunity for industry partners to exchange information, ideas, and resources on how best to reach and support with trainees and young investigators in a cost-effective and productive manner.
EFF is committed to maintaining a fair and balanced partnership with industry. We invite you to invest in the future of endocrine medicine by becoming a member of the EFF Corporate Advisory Council. There is no cost associated with council membership, as we feel that this partnership with EFF will ultimately lead to long term project support by our council members.
The mission of the CAC is to promote the advancement of endocrinology through cooperation between clinicians, researchers, fellows, and industry partners in a transparent and ethical manner.
The Corporate Advisory Council will bring together preeminent endocrinologists and industry leaders to collaborate on enhancing the training of endocrine fellows in their areas of specialty. This collaboration will be used as thoughtful background for decisions regarding the direction of research, education and training in the field to continuously improve the quality of care for all patients.
Why Become a Member?
Your participation provides recognition within the endocrine fellow community and their respective training institutions. Additionally, CAC membership creates the opportunity to build relationships with endocrine leaders and network with other industry professionals. Participation in the CAC provides your company with regular communication with what is happening at EFF and among trainees and young investigators both nationally and internationally through our programming
- Opportunity to collaborate on educational programs benefiting endocrine fellows and ultimately patient care.
- Access to preeminent leading physicians in the field.
- Participation in two CAC Meetings (Conference Call or In-Person)
- Opportunity to communicate your company’s position on important matters to leaders in the field of fellow education.
- Acknowledgement on the EFF website with a link to your corporate website.
- Recognition throughout the year in EFF reports and in meeting promotions.
- Knowledge that your membership fee helps support the full range of programs EFF offers – awards, grants, educational programs, and more!
An intimate forum comprising of C-level representatives from various companies servicing the endocrine field. Discuss what is working, what is not, and exchange strategies and ideas. Agenda items are developed by CAC members and leadership based on mutual topics of interest. During these meetings you will discuss relevant challenges and issues while networking with other companies.
Topics may range from supporting advances in research, treatment and technology, how to provide meaningful corporate involvement in educational courses and meetings, and how to contribute to research and graduate medical education. Content is driven by current events and pressing issues facing EFF and industry members. The CAC Summit provides an interactive discussion facilitated by EFF leadership. Ideas developed during these Summits will continue to be worked on throughout the year.
CAC members are leaders, advocates and supporters who have invested to improve patient care through their support of research, education and outreach for the endocrine field. Membership is by invitation only. CAC members are strategic leaders and our key EFF corporate advisors. There is no fee for membership, but it is our hope that working jointly through the CAC, the opportunity to support the organization may present itself in one of the following areas
- Financial support of EFF educational/training programs through an education grant.
- EFF Research grants in support of unrestricted research or directed to one of our major research buckets: Adrenal disorders, Glucose homeostasis disorders, Thyroid disorders, Metabolic bone disease, Pituitary gland disorders, and Sex hormone disorders.
- Support of a preceptorship program in diabetes, bone or obesity
Your Participation Supports the EFF Mission!
This invitation-only program is open to current supporters and future partners. We acknowledge that each company is structured differently in size, capacity and budget and degree of participation in both CAC and support of future programming will vary.